We welcome you to the 4th edition of Indian Kukai.
Indian Kukai, which will be held once every two months, comes to you from IN haiku group, which was formed by few like-minded haiku poets at the Haiku Utsav in February of 2013 – for exploring, promoting, enjoying and sinking deeper into the intricacies of this beautiful art form.
We request you to bookmark or follow our blog, Indian Kukai @ http://indiankukai.blogspot.com/
Topics and results will be posted to this blog only. We’ll send you the ballot to the mail ID you use to enter the kukai.
The topic for Indian Kukai #04 is SALT.
The word need not be used in the haiku, but the haiku should be showing the topic clearly.
we order the meal
with less salt
Shiki Kukai, June 2007
Submission Period: SAT – 1ST MAR 2014 to SUN – 16TH MAR 2014 (12 NOON INDIAN STANDARD TIME)
Voting Period: MON – 17TH MAR 2014 to SUN – 23RD MAR 2014 (12 NOON INDIAN STANDARD TIME)
Results no later than: SAT – 29TH MAR 2014
- Participants may send no more than ONE HAIKU ENTRY on the topic. No haiga entries please.
- Please do not enter any previously published haiku. Publication includes personal blogs, journals, facebook, print or websites.
- All haiku entries are to remain anonymous till we publish the results. Any shared information or discussion about your entries in any group or forum, will be considered a violation of the rule
- If you submit a haiku to the kukai, then voting is mandatory.
- If you fail to vote during the voting period, then your haiku will be shown without ranking points in the results.
How to enter?
- Send one haiku to our email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject for correspondence will be “Indian Kukai #04 – My Entry”
- Please sign your haiku with your name and place of residence (city, country).
- We will acknowledge your entry once we receive it.
- Write your entry in the body of the mail, left aligned. Attachments will not be considered.
- We will send a ballot mail with the entries to those who have entered, once the submission period closes.
Guidelines for Voting Period:
- Only those who have submitted an entry to this edition of the kukai can vote.
- We will send you an e-mail with the entries numbered and made anonymous.
- You will have 7 points to use in total, no more than 3 marks to any one haiku entry. All 7 points must be used.
- Send all your votes in one e-mail to our email id: email@example.com with the subject for correspondence as "Indian Kukai #04 - My Votes".
- Please do not vote for your own entry. Such votes will result in all your votes being rejected.
- Order your votes in the same order as in list.For eg:#01 -- 3 points#06 -- 1 points#25 -- 2 points#55 -- 1 points
- Once voting period closes, the results will be published on this blog. We will intimate the publishing of results on blog via a mail as well.
Welcome again, and we hope you enjoy this edition of Indian Kukai.
Organizers, Indian Kukai.